Mar 7, 2019
The Conversation: In this episode, Nigerian
podcaster, creative, and engineering student Huwa Okoyomoh shares
her inspiring story with Ken about she used creativity as strategy
to powerfully to create a new reality within her limits.
Here’s what Huwa shared in his conversation with Ken:
- Her childhood in Nigeria- -without stable electricity and
limited wifi that you must pay for
- How she learned to turn her experience with heavy competition
(Being one of 5,000+ students applying for one job) into a journey
- Breaking through the belief that is there only one chance of
- Her struggles with podcasting
- The “bad rep” that Nigerians have and the impact these
stereotypes have on people like Huwa
- What inspires Huwa to continue her creative work despite all of
- The basic foundations that Huwa uses to keep her grounded,
laughing, and inspired
Memorable Quote: “When you grow up in a system
where everything is limited, you are able to fail better than
The Homework: Take some time today to do these
three simple things:
- Imagine that you had only hour to use the Internet. List what
sites you would visit.
- Now imagine that you only had only one hour with electricity.
Name the first three things you would do.
- Now that you’ve completed #1 and #2, identify one thing in your
life that is a distraction to your most important goals and reduce
or eliminate it today.
About Our Guest:
The Spoken Word Podcast
Additional Resources to Check Out:
The Spoken Word
Podcast on Twitter
Huwa on Facebook
Check out kennethcheadle.com for more information, podcast
episodes and blog posts!
➡️ The Adverse Effect Podcast with Ken Cheadle is proudly
produced by Podcast Wagon